A Channel English Studies stay is the ideal opportunity to try something new or just to enjoy your hobby in the UK. Any of the additional options can be added to a Course or to our new Just Talking Programme for the entire stay or just a week. When booking tell us which option you wish to take and for which week/weeks.
English + Cultural Excursions
The South of England is the gateway to the United Kingdom. There are a wealth of castles, stately homes, museums and gardens to explore.
- Three afternoon outings or one afternoon and a full day excursion
- Includes entrance fees and transport
- Escorted by the teacher or an experienced member of the Channel team
- Choice of visits dependent on host teacher’s location and your interests
- Does not include out of pocket expenses for drinks or souvenirs
A Cultural Option in the East Kent Region could include:
Visit to Canterbury including the cathedral, Beaney Institute, Westgage Gardens and modern shopping centre.
A visit to Dover Castle including the Wartime Tunnels, Henry II’s Keep, Regimental Museum and views over the English Channel.
A visit to Rochester – the Dickens Museum, Norman Castle, cathedral, a walk by the river and the delightful High Street with its small shops and pleasant pubs.
These examples can be changed and other places substituted. We can exchange one afternoon activity for an evening visit to the modern Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury to see a play, listen to a concert or musical.
Similar visits can be arranged in other areas.
English + London Excurison
We are happy to arange a day’s escorted excursion to London from the South East of England.
Travel is usually by train or bus and general sightseeing and shopping are included.
If you wish to visit a particular attraction then entrance/tickets costs are your responsibility.
Similarly tickets can be sourced for London Theatre productions including the amazing experience of seeing a Shakespeare play at the Globe Theatre.
English + 5* Golf
Generally the golf courses used are in the East Kent area and are suited to a wide range of abilities.
- Available from March to October. During winter months, the courses are weather dependent.
- Four afternoons of golf
1.) Two with structured tuition from a PGA Professional followed by either, nine holes with one of our golf supervisors or time at a driving range or putting practice session with supervisor
2.) Two afternoons you play 18 hole rounds escorted by your supervisor
- There is always the possibility of a drink at the 19th Hole afterwards.
- Handicap certificate not required.
Possibility to obtain a handicap certificate.
– Nececssary rounds arranged and scrutiny of your card for certificate
– 2 week minimum stay recommended
Clients normally bring their own clubs.
Hire of sets or half sets from the Club possibility but the quality is not guaranteed.
Dress code: golf shoes, long trousers (not jeans) and a golf shirt with a collar.
English + 5* Tennis
We organise tennis session with trained coaches used to working and playing at National Level. They are happy to welcome adults or younger students and have experience with all ages and backgrounds.
- Three Session per week.
- Training takes place at specialised clubs and sports centres.
- Various locations depending on where your host teacher lives.
- Indoor and outdoor venues used during summer months.
- Coaching sessions at outdoor venues rearranged if the weather is bad.
- Indoor coaching only during the winter.
- Option includes transport to and from the training centre.
- Please bring your own racket and suitable sports clothing.
Racket hire can be arranged but we cannot guarantee the quality.
English + 5* Horse Riding
All riding takes place at training centres recognised by the British Horse Society which guarantees the quality of the instructors, horses, standard and safety of the facilities. Choice of centre depends on the host teacher’s location.
- Initial lesson to asses riding standard and informal chat to discuss preferences.
- The instructor designs a personal programme for you which may combine individual tuition with group sessions with English people.
- Sessions cover general riding, dressage, show jumping and escorted hacking.
- Choice of three or five sessions per week.
- Riding Camp can be organised in the summer months for Juniors. Please enquire for dates.
English + Water Sport
Kent is recognised as a good location for water sport.
We can organise sailing lessons and windsurfing.
If you wish to add one of these, please let us know so that we can design a special option for you.